rss
email
twitter
facebook

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

My Redeemer Lives!


FROM JAMES' TABLET:


This started going through my mind - "MY REDEEMER LIVES".

He's a Redeemer. He's alive and vibrant and moving about with purpose, and He's so personal. He's even "mine". I ask myself these questions:
- What is a Redeemer?
- What has He, is He, and will He redeem us from?
- What ramifications are there to Him living?
- What must I do to access Him and His redemption today?
- What does this mean for me? (surrender to, submission, personal dying to self)...

MY REDEEMER LIVES!

CAROL'S THOUGHTS:

These words have a lot of significance to me even at this moment. When we were in the hospital, I saw so many people doing everything they could to "live". All the rooms were filled with people who wanted to "live". This was achieved through surgeries or therapies or medicines. The patients were tested, poked, and prodded. And yet, real life comes from only one source - God. I think about how He breathed life into that first man - Adam, and He is still breathing life into us. He offers us eternal life with Him! He achieved this by dying...and then living... We are called to die (to ourselves)...so that we might live (in Him)!

When I find myself anxious about death, I think about life. And how thankful I am for each day we have together. Yes - we want to live every day that God has for us and not a moment less! But let's make those days count. I'm so thankful for the Redeemer that lives!



3 comments:

NMadison said...

This is just beautiful stuff James and Carol. Thank you for sharing your lives with us :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for sharing! I needed a fresh "whack" of perspective. I cannot really put into words how much y'all have blessed my life. We love you guys so much! ((Hugs))

Unknown said...

Good stuff, love you guys so much. Let God arise and sickness be scattered!!! Erma

Post a Comment